Blog 3-The importance of religion

 Is religion important to me?

The truth is that despite the fact that I have been in contact and known many religions throughout my life, such as the Catholic, Christian and Adventist religion, I have never felt that this play an important or fundamental role in my life. I believe that religion seeks to answer to things that are not relevant to me or things that I think are beyond the reach of our understanding.

In my opinion, the church and religion are not spaces very open to dialogue with the community or with its parishioners, and rather they are institutions that promote ideas of an absolutist nature that, between other things, restrict people's freedom. In addition, I think that sometimes they promote values such as guilt, sacrifice and judgment to others, in other words, practices and ideas that transgress some of their own principles.

However, I fully understand and respect that there are people who find refuge in those beliefs and in this place. I personally find that kind of peace and seclusion in other things, such as in outdoor activities in contact with nature, talking with people whom I love or meditating about life and the universe in solitude.

Comments

  1. You are quite right, the Catholic Church clings to retrograde values, and is very closed to dialogue. Unfortunately preaching some of these beliefs affects and offends many people.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment