Post 2 : Why did I choose my major

 

Hello everyone, in this second post I will be talking about my life, academic experience, career and professional decisions.

When I was a child I wanted to be many things (well…until today). At first I wanted to be a chef and I suppose it was because I liked a lot to eat cakes, because actually I have never been skilled at cooking. Later, I remember that I wanted to be a dancer, in fact I joined and participated in a lot of dance academies meanwhile I was highschool. In that time, I felt that dance was my passion, and I was determined to study it, but then I got sick and I decided to leave it.

When I finished highschool I was a little bit lost about the continuation of my studies, I knew that I liked all things associated with artistic creation, I always was drawing, painting, sewing clothes, fixing things and making inventions, and for that reason I thought to study costume design however that did not quite convince me. One day, browsing the internet (a bit desesperate) I found a career called "Theatrical Design" wich is only dictated in our country by University of Chile. So I started to look more information about this option, I read the description in the university's website and simply i loved it. What I most liked of this career was their versatility, you can learn to about costume, lighting, scenography and make-up, and it allows you developed different abilities and not just one, as most of the careers.

Until now, in general I had a good experience studying at the university, I have learnt very interesting things during these years and  I have met very talented people and great friends, although in some moments I have hesitated about if I should keep studying it. Sometimes I would like to do other activities and have more time for my personal projects, and it is hard to do them in parallel with the university's schedules but despise that I have enjoyed this learning and life process in the College of Arts.







Comments

  1. I think it´s great the versatility of your career,i think it´s important especially for artistic careers to learn a little bit about other areas to which their are related.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur with you, there are many talented people in the school, included you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your costume designs and your sketches are always one of my favorites, you are very talented <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand you a lot, undoubtedly studying a university degree takes a long time, which has very little space for personal activities.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment